Stony Plain Seed Cleaning offers a variety of grain cleaning to farmers and grain companies.
Stony Plain Seed Cleaning has required that all cereal seed for planting be tested for Fusarium Graminearum (FG) since 2003. With a positive test our policy was to not process this product. This was to stop the spread of the disease. However FG is now in our area and we believe that we need to change our policy to help reduce the spread of this disease.
Please note that it has never been illegal for infected seed to be processed, but under the current Pest Act the onus is on the producer, as it is illegal to plant infected seed.
We highly recommend if you need to seed FG infected seed, please use seed treatment, fungicide, and proper seed and field rotations to help control the spread in our area.
1) All cereal seed for planting must still be tested for FG.
2)If a test comes in with 1% or less FG we will process the grain with no provisions
3) If a test comes in with 1% up to 2.5% FG we will process the grain with grain with the provision that the infected seed be treated before leaving our facility.
4) If a test comes in over 2.5% FG, we will not process the infected seed, but will help you, if we can, to source new seed.
5) SPSeed will have designated days for processing FG infected seed, so we ask that you work with us on the scheduling.
6) All seed sold though SPSeed will require a FG test and we will strive to supply the lowest percentage possible.
Facility Storage Policy
1) Storage is calculated on a dry weight basis
2) Each transaction has a 10 day grace period before storage charges begin, after which, if the product is not moved, storage begins calculation from day of delivery.
3) After the day 10 days grace period, storage charges will be calculated from the day of delivery at a rate of $8.50/ tonne. Additional outside elevation charges of $12.00/ tonne will be charged on all products not processed and removed for the facility.
4)All deliveries are deemed to be for processing until we are otherwise directed.
5) Storage rate is $0.80/tonne/day on all products.
6) During peak storage times of June, July and August, storage rates will be increased to $0.16/tonne/day.
7)Storage is charged on a daily basis calculated and invoiced monthly or on settlement.
Warehouse Storage Policy
1) Storage is calculated based on skid, tote or bag basis.
2) Each transaction has a two workday grace period before storage charges begin, after this period if product is not moved, storage begins to calculate from originally scheduled day of pick up.
3) 2 days after product has been abandoned in our warehouse storage charges will be calculated at a rate of $50.00/skid or tote/ day, or $5.00/bag/day.
4) All orders are expected to be picked up at the scheduled date unless we are otherwise directed prior to that date.
5) During pear storage times of May, June, and July, storage rates will be increased to $55.00/ skid or tote/day, and $7.00/bag/day.
6) Storage is charged on a daily basis calculated and invoiced monthly or on settlement.
SPSeed Cleaning Calendar
Pay the day you pick up and get a discount of 3 cents / bushel
Need something cleaned that’s not on the schedule, give us a call and we will get you a date. 780-963-2581
Note: New cleaning prices in effect for all appointments booked after October 14th, 2021. See our newsletter for the updated price list.