Stony Plain Seed Cleaning offers a variety of grain cleaning to farmers and grain companies.
Seed Cleaning Rate Schedule
All cleaning prices include color sorting service. All cereal seed cleaned automatically have this service included, ask about adding this service to your pulses, NO extra charges apply.
Prices in effect Dec 1, 2023
Jun 1-Nov 30
Dec 1-May 31
$ 0.85 / bushel
$ 0.95 / bushel
Jun 1-Nov 30
Dec 1-May 31
$ 1.00 / bushel
$ 1.10 / bushel
PULSES $ 1.00 / bushel
DOCKAGE $ 1.00 / bushel
A SHAREHOLDER MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF SHARES TO QUALIFY FOR THE RATES SHOWN ON THIS RATE SCHEDULE. PLEASE SEE THE RESOUCE PAGE FOR THE SHARE STRUCTURE.
MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE SHAREHOLDERS THE NON-SHAREHOLDER RATE FOR BUSHELS THAT ARE CLEANED OVER THE AMOUNT OF SHARES OWNED BY THE MEMBER.
SPSeed Cleaning Calendar
Pay the day you pick up and get a discount of 3 cents / bushel
Need something cleaned that’s not on the schedule, give us a call and we will get you a date. 780-963-2581
As of 2020 Stony Plain Seed has added an additional charge for delivered seed amounts that exceed a customer's booked amount by more than 10%. This additional charge is $ 0.20/bu and is used to cover extra staff overtime costs and cleaning delays.
Stony Plain Seed Cleaning has required that all cereal seed for planting be tested for Fusarium Graminearum (FG) since 2003. With a positive test our policy was to not process this product. This was to stop the spread of the disease. However FG is now in our area and we believe that we need to change our policy to help reduce the spread of this disease.
Please note that it has never been illegal for infected seed to be processed, but under the current Pest Act the onus is on the producer, as it is illegal to plant infected seed.
We highly recommend if you need to seed FG infected seed, please use seed treatment, fungicide, and proper seed and field rotations to help control the spread in our area.
1) All cereal seed for planting must still be tested for FG.
2)If a test comes in with 1% or less FG we will process the grain with no provisions
3) If a test comes in with 1% up to 2.5% FG we will process the grain with grain with the provision that the infected seed be treated before leaving our facility.
4) If a test comes in over 2.5% FG, we will not process the infected seed, but will help you, if we can, to source new seed.
5) SPSeed will have designated days for processing FG infected seed, so we ask that you work with us on the scheduling.
6) All seed sold though SPSeed will require a FG test and we will strive to supply the lowest percentage possible.
Contact Us Today